Swiss EMC Qualification Tournament Rules (tentative)
- This is a team competition. Teams should be formed by 4 members.
- Contestants can also register individually or as a partial group. The organization will complete all groups.
- The tournament has a limit of 8 teams (32 contestants).
- It is expected that all players know the rules of the games.
- Seating will be assigned by the organization, trying to maximize the variety of opponents.
- First player will be designed by seat order, not by the usual game rules.
- English version of the game rules are leading. You can find them here: Kingdom Builder, Village.
- There will be three game rounds: Kingdom Builder - Village - Kingdom Builder. Each round is played simultaneously by all participants.
- Individual scoring per team member will be 5-3-2-1, depending on the outcome of the game. The team score will be the result of adding together all the individual scores of each member.
- In case of tie in a game, the score is divided. For example, players A and B end both in second place.Their score will be (3 + 2) / 2 = 2.5. Be aware of secondary winning conditions in each game!
- If after the three rounds two teams have the same score, the winner will be the team with less 4th positions (or 3rd positions in case of more ties). Example: a player with 6 points with a 1st and a 3rd positions (5 + 1) will rank lower than a player with 6 points but two 2nd positions (3 + 3).
- The winning team will have the option of representing Switzerland in the European EMC, held in Essen, with paid registration fee for that tournament. If declined, the second best team will be offered the opportunity. If declined again, no team will be selected to participate in the EMC.
- During the tournament, in case of doubt/dispute the referee can be called. His/Her decision will be final. Errors in prior stages of a game will not be corrected and have to be accepted.
- Fair-play is expected from all participants. In case of inappropiate behaviour of a participant, the whole corresponding team will be disqualified and banned from future qualifications.
|10.30 - 10.50||Registration|
|11.00 - 13.00||Round 1||Kingdom Builder|
|13.30 - 15.30||Round 2||Village|
|16.00 - 18.00||Round 3||Kingdom Builder|
The slots in the tournament will be given in strict order of arrival of the registration emails. Registration will be closed on May 4th (or before if all slots are filled).
In order to register, please fill the following form: